So basically I came to Europe in the first place because I had half a year before university started, I had three jobs putting money into my v poor bank account, and a wedding in Ireland came up. So Mum & I went over to Ireland for this wedding, spent three weeks, one of them tripping around the countryside, before heading to mainland Europe for some post-family fun. The following three weeks were spent variously in Lisbon, Coimbra, Porto in Portugal & Salamanca, Granada, Madrid in Spain. And a lovely six weeks all this was, plus we could afford the odd drink and we take photos of each other as opposed to the awkward self-takes my camera will have to endure for the next three months. These are some photographic tidbits from those six weeks with my Mum.
Where would one be without guinness in snugs?
Pub mid-afternoon in Ballybeg, the Gaeltacht (Irish speaking part of Ireland)
Grumpy horse that doesn't like english speaking foreigners in the Gaeltacht
Staying at a relative's house in County Galway
Annual Maam Cross Connemarra Pony Fair,for lovers of toothless farmers and horse shit
Tractor jam
Nannageddon
Contemplating tea, County Kerry
Mosteiro dos Jerónimos (UNESCO world heritage listed monastery), Lisboa, Portugal
Student resistance, Coimbra, Portugal
Fine Dining in Porto, Portugal
Chilling in church, Salamanca, Spain
The magnificent Palacio Nazaries in the Alhambra, Granada, Spain
The Albaicín, Granada, Spain
Space age, Madrid, Spain
No comments:
Post a Comment